Xinsto allows everyone, customer or not, free basic technical support through all channels of support. The channels accepted are email (either direct email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through a form published on our website), twitter direct message or @ reply, or through a Facebook timeline post or Facebook message. Every one is permitted an unlimited number of these support requests without charge as long as they meet our "basic" criteria.
"Basic Support" is defined as the following:
- A Xinsto Technician will not remote into a customer's computer or technology device
- The customer will perform the actions to resolve the issue based on guidance from the Xinsto Technician
- Phone support may not be available in all cases
- Average resolution time should not exceed 10 minutes if a Xinsto Technician was to perform the service
- No hardware will be supported other than assistance with hardware drivers
- Only standard software applications will be supported
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and Vista. Windows XP is not supported in basic support. Mac OS X Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, and Mountain Lion. Older versions of Mac OS X are not supported in basic support.
- Office products: Microsoft Office 2016, 2013, and 2010. LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice are also supported.
- Web browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari on Mac OS X only
- Adobe products: Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash
- Open source server products (Apache, MySQL, etc.) are NOT supported in Basic Support
- Microsoft Server products (Server 2012 R2, SQL Server 2016, Exchange Server, etc.) are NOT supported in Basic Support
- Microsoft Office 365 Home & Student versions are supported. Business versions are NOT included in Basic Support.
Xinsto Technicians reserve the right to refuse free service. If a request is considered out of scope of Basic Support, we will notify you and allow you to continue with a 50% up front payment for the requested service with the remainder due at completion.